At Joints in Motion we take great care to make every visit to our clinics efficient and enjoyable. Our staff is experienced and familiar with the hesitant first time visitor and the veteran client.
In order to prepare you for your first visit to our clinic we have assembled a few important items to consider:
- In order to begin treatment we will need your doctor’s prescription for your physical therapy. (Do not worry if you do not have a prescription! In the state of South Carolina, you can be seen for a particular condition for 30 days prior to requiring a physician referral)
- There will be some paperwork for you to fill out. These intake forms help us gather important information for your evaluation and for our ability to bill your insurance company. We understand that paperwork at an office can be an inconvenience, so we have provided our forms on this web site so that you can complete them at your convenience at home.
- Wear comfortable athletic clothes or active wear, as well as tennis or athletic shoes. It is best to wear loose-fitting items that will enable us to examine, touch and treat the injured area.
- A comprehensive evaluation of your condition will be performed when you first visit. Prepare for approximately an hour of time for the evaluation.
- Have your insurance information with you. You can find a complete list of insurance providers we accept by visiting our insurance page.
- Prepare to pay your co-pay either by check or cash payments. We also accept co-payments via Visa, and MasterCard credit cards.
- Bring a calendar or organizer to track future visits.
If you have questions or concerns about your first visit to Joints in Motion Physical Therapy and Wellness- don’t hesitate to contact or call us – (843) 793-4466.